Sunday, March 05, 2006

Update on Condos

went to the Planning Dept. Friday, filled out a request for information (and got it stamped) and inquired whether the Casas des Montes (6 free standing units on 1 acre owned and developed by Michael Donleavy and Lynn Lovell) has a building permit. They told me no. Carol Cassell and Sholan Chambers have done the same over the past six weeks and received the same answer. I told Gary who I spoke to that I had been told that any building permit issued after Dec. 7 would trigger a special use permit. Gary’s opinion was that it would not, since they had already obtained other permits (sewer and water ) before the Land Use Amendment was passed Nov. 7. However, he said he had no record of a permit. I went over to try to talk to Tom Blankenhorn who is out of town until Weds. I did speak to Barbara Martinez, who has been deputy town attorney (not sure if she still is). She said that “it depends on when the project started.” What does that mean? I asked. It depends, she replied. So it sounds like there are legal grey areas here.

I have been told that they will begin dirt work tomorrow. If I see activity on the site I will go over and check to see if they have a building permit posted. If they do I will take the number. If not I will call the Planning Dept. to red tag them.

Keep you posted,

Linda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home