Saturday, November 12, 2005

I went to the Land Use ordinance meeting, and found it very
informative and helpful. The Stagecoach Neighborhood Association is scheduled to
go before a work/study meeting of the County Commissioners on Dec. 19
to present their draft zoning ordinance. If the County Commissioners
questions are answered, it will go to a public hearing in early
January. If all goes well there, the commissioners will vote on the ordinance
then.

The meeting today was well attended by a representative group of
Stagecoach neighbors including Hispanic large landowners. Nick
Jaramillo and Allen Vigil were there to speak on their support for the
draft document and the process and to answer questions. There were
specific questions about the the re-evaluation issue which was
discussed at our meeting and I have a more in depth understanding of
the law now in effect. I also got a good look at the process they
used, and the actual draft ordinance. This is on the Stagecoach
website. It is interesting to see how they tailored the process
followed by Upper Las Colonias to meet their situation. They had
strong subzone committees who made their own decisions about their own
zoning.

I hope to be able to convey what I learned to those interested in
pursuing a land use ordinance of our own. I think their experience
will help us make decisions about how to proceed.

I have heard no objections to meeting Tuesday 6:30-8:30 at the
Sanborns, but I haven't had any reply from some of the people who I
emailed about this last week.

Please let me know if you can come.l

Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home